20 “Weird” Holiday Songs You May Love (Videos)
The website Mashable came up with a list of Holiday Songs That Are Super Weird But We Somehow Still Love. And to be honest, I don't know if agree with all on their list.
Like, is there anything "super weird" about novelty tracks like "The Chipmunk Song" or "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"? Not really. And what's even remotely weird about Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" or Harry Connick Jr.'s "(It Must've Been Ol') Santa Claus"? The answer is nothing.
They do get a few right, though . . . like Neil Diamond's "Cherry Cherry Christmas", a version of "Feliz Navidad" that Jose Feliciano sings with a little kid, and the children's "classic" "Dominick the Donkey".
Then there's "Oi! To the World" by The Vandals, and "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues, which both have questionable language.
Check these videos out and tell us which is your favorite.
1. "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Destiny's Child
2. "(It must've been 'ol) Santa Claus" by Harry Connick Jr.
3. "The Chipmunk Song" by The Chipmunks
4. "Dominick the Donkey"
5. "Mistletoe and Wine" by Cliff Richard
6. "Fairytale Of New York" by The Pogues
7. "Cherry Cherry Christmas" by Neil Diamond
8. "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer" by Elmo & Patsy
9. "Last Christmas" by Wham!
10. "How Do You Spell Channukkahh" by The Leevees
11. "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano