What Are You Stuffing In Your Stockings?
First of all I think, I have way too many Stockings for Christmas; glitter ones, christmas colored ones, Santas, silver and gold. You know it is an addiction when you have a box full of them, not to mention, I have Jingle Bells on almost all of our doors at home, in and out. even one hanging from our mailbox.
Just as important as the Stocking itself is what you put in it. In our home it is usually fruit, some little tchotchkes( a small bauble or miscellaneous item), and last but not least Candy!
According to a new study done by Candy Store we'll spend a total of $1.93 BILLION on Christmas candy this year. And people in every state will spend their share differently. The study found the most popular Christmas candy in every state, and here are the results .
1. Red and green M&M's are the top candy in eight states. Christmas Pez dispensers and candy also took eight states.
2. The most traditional Christmas candies finished close behind. Candy canes won seven states, and peppermint bark won four states.
3. "Reindeer corn," which is the candy corn industry's way of staying relevant for an extra month, somehow won in Alabama, Michigan, and Utah.
4. And bravo to North Dakota. They're the only state that decided the best way to celebrate Christmas is to bite the heads off of chocolate Santas.
Also the National Confectionary Association, estimate that holiday candy sales will be $1.93 Billion this year.
What is our favorite Candies for this time of year in Massachusetts? coming in at number 1. Skittles 2. Hershey Kisses 3. Candy Canes
What is your favorite Holiday Candy?
Factoids from the Candy Store on Candy.
- 1.76 Billion candy canes are produced every year for the holiday season.
- Approximately 150 million chocolate Santas are produced annually.
- The largest candy cane in the world was made in Switzerland. It was 51 feet long.
- December 26th is National Candy Cane Day.
- Canada spent $362M (USD) in Dec 2014 on candy, confectionary & snack foods.
- 59% of holiday sales are expected to be online.