Mass DOT looking for Plow Drivers for the Western Mass State Roadways…
Ok, the leaves haven’t even changed colors yet but in preparation for another snowy winter in New England, the Mass Department of Transportation has put out the word looking for plow drivers.
*First you need to hold a valid Massachusetts Commercial Driver’s License (Class A is preferred but hold at least a Class B license).
*You must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Some of the duties and responsibilities listed on the employment site include:
- Safe clearing of snow on Highway roadways.
- De-icing and removal of snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots for various Highway properties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring the property is not damaged in the efforts of removing snow.
- Maintain and care for your personal or company-provided equipment, tools, and vehicles. • Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels, plows, snowblowers, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to perform snow removal.
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
- It is required that all Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers have cold-weather gear and wear it appropriately to protect themselves against adverse weather conditions.
- Work as part of a team and take direction. • Be available to come in when contacted for all snow and ice weather events.
- Keep accurate time-sheet records, submitted for review and sign-off by the required deadlines. Locations • District 1 - Berkshire County/Western, MA
You can apply through the Glassdoor employment site and Indeed. If you have questions you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information, you can call the MassDOT Human Resources Service Center at 857‐368‐4722.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
LOOK: The most expensive weather and climate disasters in recent decades
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State