The Top School Supplies Teachers Need Donated (Video)
One thing that happens during the school year is that not every parent can afford all the supplies their kids need. So sadly, teachers end up footing the bill for a lot of stuff.
Someone talked to a bunch of teachers and asked which things they need most. So if you're doing your back-to-school shopping and want to buy a little extra it sure would not only help the teachers but also the kids who won't have everything they need.
Here are the top eight things teachers need to be donated.
1. Pens and pencils. If the pencils are pre-sharpened, even better.
2. Notebooks and folders. Ideally, without any designs on them. Just solid colors.
3. Erasers. Specifically the kind you stick on the end of a pencil after the original eraser gets worn out.
4. Crayons. Obviously, older kids don't need them. But they're one of the top things kids need in kindergarten through the 3rd grade. A box of 24 is perfect. They don't need the kind with a billion color choices.
5. Glue sticks. Again, younger kids need them.
6. Dry-erase markers. Teachers go through a lot of them.
7. Kleenex and antibacterial wipes. Schools don't always buy enough, so teachers end up paying for them.
8. Red pens. Teachers go through a ton of them grading papers.
Oh, and Teachers or the Admins at your school, if you have been on teacherlists.com and added what your schools get on over to the site.