The Biggest Candy Holiday Is Coming Up
Valentine's Day is one of the top CANDY holidays in this country. You know, besides all of the other candy holidays. We sure do eat a lot of candy as a society.
The website CandyStore.com just analyzed their last 10 years of sales between January 1st and February 14th to figure out the most popular candies for Valentine's Day. And here's what they found:
FYI, Here in Massachusetts, heart-shaped candy boxes that’s the number one candy in Mass. Chocolate hearts and conversation hearts are runners up.
1. Heart-shaped boxes of chocolates seemed to have a lock on the top spot as the most popular candy . . . but just last year, conversation hearts finally took over as number one.
2. Conversation hearts are the best seller in 19 states and heart-shaped boxes of chocolates are the best seller in 13 states.
3. Chocolate roses are the third-most popular . . . they're number one in five states.
4. And Alabama is the only state where candy necklaces are the most popular Valentine's Day candy.
More than 40 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine’s Day.
- Caramel-flavored chocolates are the most popular in those boxes. Chocolate-covered nuts were a close second, according to the NCA.
- Approximately 8.2 billion conversation hearts will be produced this year.
- Conversation heart candy vodka infusions became trendy last year.
- 69% of people prefer chocolate over flowers as a Valentine’s Day gift.