BSO Launches First-Ever Summer Long Tanglewood Online Festival
I think this is a pretty cool idea. This week, the Boston Symphony Orchestra is launching the Tanglewood Online Festival. Imagine that. Great BSO performances from the comfort of your home.
Here's the Press Release From the BSO and Tanglewood:
TANGLEWOOD 2020 ONLINE FESTIVAL: WEEK ONE, JULY 1-5
NEW CONTENT, RECORDED ESPECIALLY FOR ONLINE FESTIVAL:
• July 3 at 8 p.m.: "Great Performers in Recital" featuring violinist Gil Shaham performing music by Bach, Prokofiev, and commissioned works by Scott Wheeler and William Bolcom, hosted by Nicole Cabell and "BSO Musicians in Concert" performing works by Copland, Brahms, and James Lee III, hosted by Lauren Ambrose
• July 2 at 1 p.m.: TLI ShopTalks featuring Juilliard String Quartet violinist Areta Zhulla and cellist Astrid Schween in conversation
FEATURED RETROSPECTIVE CONTENT:
• July 1 at 1 p.m.: TLI MasterPass presents a master class with BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons teaching Fellows of the Tanglewood Music Center
• July 5 at 2:30 p.m.: "BSO Encore Performances" (July 2015) of Kirill Gerstein performing Gershwin's Piano Concerto in F and narrator John Douglas Thompson in Copland's Lincoln Portrait, with conductor Jacques Lacombe, hosted by Jamie Bernstein
• July 5 at 10 a.m.: Tanglewood Music Center Fellows playing music by Haydn, Dvorak, Sibelius, Berg, John Harbison, Beethoven, and Mendelssohn, hosted by Norman Fischer and Astrid Schween
TO VIEW COMPLETE TANGLEWOOD 2020 ONLINE FESTIVAL SCHEDULE, July 1-August 23, 2020, CLICK HERE.
ALSO, BEGINNING JULY 5, TANGLEWOOD GROUNDS WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC—WITH PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND CDC HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE—SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS FROM 10 A.M. TO 4 P.M. AND WEDNESDAYS 9 A.M. TO NOON, THROUGH AUGUST 23; VISITS TO THE GROUNDS WILL REQUIRE ADVANCE REGISTRATION AT WWW.TANGLEWOOD.ORG