Fire Guts Home On Burke Ave In Pittsfield
A family of five was displaced last night after a fire gutted their Burke Street home. IBerkshires.com reports that just before 6 p.m. dispatch received multiple calls of flames shooting out of the front of a duplex at 125 Burke Ave.
Shortly after firefighters arrived, the windows on the second floor blew out and the fire quickly spread throughout the interior of the home.
The duplex was occupied by the same family and none of the residents were harmed.
At least three were inside the building at the time and were able to escape. However, the family dog died and a cat is still missing.
Two of the family members were transported to Berkshire Medical Center. According to Fire Chief Robert Czerwinski, one woman had a pre-existing medical condition and she was transported for precautionary measures and another family member reported difficulty breathing. A firefighter was also transported for a knee injury.
Fire Inspectors responded to the scene but have not yet determined a cause of the fire.