Mass Vehicle Registration Extension Information
The North Adams Police Department has posted information regarding the vehicle registration extensions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have a vehicle registration that has expired, or soon will be expired, this post from the NAPD has information and links that will educate you on specific dates and contact information to ensure that you are current with Registry of Motor Vehicle laws and guidelines.
NAPD would like to forward a brief FYI regarding registration plates, drivers licenses etc. regarding the extensions the RMV has done in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions we recommend to contact the RMV direct or refer to their website or Mass.gov website
All passenger plate registrations that have expired or will expire in March, April, May, and June have been extended. Registration renewals can continue to be performed online at Mass.Gov/RMV during this time. All school bus, school pupil (7D), and bus registrations that will expire in June have been extended 30 days until July 2020.
• All passenger plate registrations that expire in March 2020 will now expire in July 2020.
• All passenger plate registrations that expire in April 2020, will now expire in July 2020.
• All passenger plate registrations that expire in May 2020, will now expire in July 2020.
• All passenger plate registrations that expire in June 2020, will now expire in July 2020.
• The RMV is not providing updated credentials to reflect the extended date.
Below are the options to renew your vehicle registration.
• If your registration is due to expire soon or is in an expired status, visit the RMV’s Online Service Center at Mass.Gov/RMV.
• Contact your insurance company. If they participate in the RMV Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) program, they can renew your registration for you.
If an insurance stamp is required because there is no insurance policy on record, mail a stamped Registration Renewal Application (RMV-2 form), or stamped Registration and Title Application (RTA)