New Bus Routes Starting With The BRTA End Of The Month
A press release received from the Berkshire Regional Transit Authority is continuing to implement modifications to transit services in response to customer feedback.
Minor changes to the current regular bus schedules, effective June 29, include some new bus stop names and changes in arrival times for better customer connections between BRTA bus routes.
Copies of the new printed bus schedules will be available in the Intermodal Transportation Center, on the BRTA buses, or online at berkshireRTA.com. Look for the "Effective June 29, 2020" date for the latest version.
You can also use the smartphone mobile app, "RouteShout 2.0," is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Or read below for the new routes.
BRTA Bus Schedule Changes Starting June 29, 2020
The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority (BRTA) continues to implement modifications to transit services in response to customer feedback. These adjustments are designed to build upon the progress already made in our continuing effort to provide the highest quality transit service for our customers. Minor changes to the current regular bus schedules include some new bus stop names and changes in arrival times for better customer connections between BRTA bus routes.
Copies of the new printed bus schedules will be available in the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC), on the BRTA buses, or online at www.berkshireRTA.com. Look for the "Effective June 29, 2020" date at the top of the schedules for the latest version. The free smartphone mobile app "RouteShout 2.0" is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Effective Monday, June 29, 2020:
Route 1: Pittsfield - North Adams
- Weekday evening departures from ITC have been changed to 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM.
- Weekday evening departures from Walmart North Adams have been changed to 7:30 PM, 9:50 PM, and 10:30 PM.
Route 2: Pittsfield - Lee via Lenox
- Service has been added to Big Y Lee in both the outbound and inbound directions.
- Departures from Lee Premium Outlets have been changed to 30 minutes past the hour on both weekdays and Saturdays.
- Arrival times at the ITC have been changed to 20 minutes past the hour on weekdays and Saturdays. This change will allow customers to transfer at the ITC with other buses.
Route 3: Williamstown - North Adams
- Departure from Main Street North Adams has been amended to 12 minutes past the hour.
Route 21: Lee - Great Barrington
- Departures from Lee Premium Outlets have been changed to 30 minutes past the hour for both weekdays and Saturdays.
Route 21X: Pittsfield - Great Barrington Express
- Service has been added to Barrington Plaza Price Chopper in both the Lee and Great Barrington directions.
Route 34: North Adams Loop
A transfer is now available with the Route 3 on Main Street North Adams at 12 minutes past the hour. - Weekday evening service has been expanded between 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM. Route 34 will connect with Route 1 at Walmart North Adams at 7:30 PM and 9:50 PM.
- During the pilot period, Route 34 will service Brayton Hill and Greylock Apartments between 8:15 PM and 9:30 PM.
Routes 12 and 14 both have bus stop name changes.
The following routes will not run until the Fall:
Route 3S Pittsfield to Williamstown,
Route 21X Pittsfield express service to Great Barrington,
Route 22 Great Barrington Circulator Loop.
As a reminder, per Governor Baker's Executive Order 31, all customers using the BRTA bus must wear a mask or face covering over their mouth and nose, as recommended by the CDC, while onboard any BRTA vehicle. Please practice social distancing while riding on the bus including maintaining space between other customers or the driver. You can follow the real time occupancy level on each BRTA vehicle through the "Where's my B-bus" link from the BRTA website.
For your health and the health of others, if you are sick, have a cough, any fever, or other COVID-19 related symptoms, do not ride the BRTA bus. Everyone's safety is our number one priority.
READ MORE: See 50 remote jobs that can pay well