Pittsfield Street Improvement Project Updated For 6/28-7/2
And the Pittsfield Street Improvement Project rolls on. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is when you're cruising along towards your destination, making excellent time, and then all of a sudden-BAM! You're at a dead stop thanks to construction or street repaving. Don't get too angry though because the end result will mean a better ride and fewer potholes.
And even better, if you know about it ahead of time, you can plan out a revised route. According to a media statement from the City of Pittsfield and the Mayor's Office, the following work will take place June 28-July 2, as part of the City of Pittsfield’s 2021 Street Improvement Project.
Please keep in mind that this work schedule is a revision of an earlier schedule:
- Monday, June 28: pave-shim course on Arlington Street, Waverly Street, Velma Avenue
- Tuesday, June 29: pave-shim course on Dalton Avenue & raise structures on Arlington Street
- Wednesday, June 30: raise structures on Waverly Street & Cascade Street
- Thursday, July 1: pave-shim course on Cascade Street & raise structures on Velma Avenue
- Friday, July 2: continue to raise structures on Velma Avenue & final pave of Cascade Street
Also, the city asks you to please keep in mind that there will be no on-street parking in these locations between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The city also asks you to remember that this work schedule may change again, depending on weather conditions. They thank you for your patience during this time.