Road Work Continues This Week For Pittsfield Streets
It has been my custom lately on Fridays to let Pittsfield residents know about upcoming road work for the city's Street Improvement Project 2021. I like to try to keep people informed ahead of time to allow for any changes to be made, whether it's to map out a different route for your daily commute or to leave 15 minutes earlier than normal to allow for traffic delays, etc.
However, this past Friday was particularly crazy, preparing for the weekend, heading into the twentieth anniversary of 9/11. Anyways, no excuses will suffice. Without any further ado, the schedule for this week, September 13-17, as work continues for the City Of Pittsfield's Street Improvement Project 2021. Thanks to the city and the Mayor's Office for the media statement supplying the information.
This week's schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 13: milling on Hawk and Plumb streets and Anita Drive; berm removal on High Street.
- Tuesday, Sept. 14: berm removal on High Street; paving on Hawk, Lucille, and Maloney streets and Paul and Curtain avenues.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: paving on Anita Drive and Plumb, Andover, and High streets.
- Thursday, Sept. 16: paving on Deming, Gordon, and Oxford streets and Brenton Terrace.
- Friday, Sept. 17: paving on Hawthorne and Malcolm avenues, Dillon and Dexter streets, and Cadwell Road.
Please remember that on-street parking is prohibited between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the appropriate days where work is being done and also that due to certain unforeseeable weather conditions, the schedule is subject to change.
As always, the City of Pittsfield thanks you for your patience during this time.