Week Of October 18 Roadwork Schedule For Pittsfield
It's a new week here in the Berkshires which means it's time to acknowledge another work schedule for Pittsfield roads as the 2021 Street Improvement Project rolls on.
According to a media statement from the City of Pittsfield and the Mayor's Office, the following roadwork is scheduled through Friday, October 22. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Oct. 18: Pave speed tables on Velma Avenue and raise structures on Anita Drive.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19: Pave Gordon, Deming, and High streets and raise structures on Curtain and Paul avenues, Maloney and Lucille streets.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20: Pave Andover and Plumb streets, raise structures on Curtain and Paul avenues, Maloney and Lucille streets.
- Thursday, Oct. 21: Pave Anita Drive, Hawthorne Avenue, and raise structures on Curtain and Paul avenues, Maloney and Lucille streets.
- Friday, Oct. 22: Pave Oxford Street, Brenton Terrace, Cadwell Road, and raise structures on Hawk and Yarmouth streets, Cliff Avenue.
You should know the deal by this point. If any of the streets mentioned for roadwork are involved in your commute, you may want to map out an alternate route to your destination and back. Or, leave your starting point earlier to give yourself extra time to get where you need to be on time.
Also, even though this gets mentioned all the time, it's always good to remind people to be careful where they park. If your vehicle is in the way of road crews or road equipment, it will be towed at your expense. The city reminds you that there is no on-street parking permitted while the work is being done between 6 am and 6 pm each day.
Mother Nature may also affect the work schedule, as well. The City of Pittsfield thanks you for your patience.