Great Musical Moments From Non-Musical Movies
A movie doesn't have to be a musical to have a great musical moment. Some of the best moments in non-musical movies are when they surprise you with something different like a song.
The AV Club website put together a list of those moments from non-musical films. So grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy these songs from non-musical movies. And afterward, tell us below in the comment section what your favorite song from a non-musical is.
Here are the highlights:
1. "Billy Madison's Victory Song", "Billy Madison".
From Opera Man to “Lunchlady Land” to “The Chanukah Song,” music was a key part of the Adam Sandler brand in the early days of his career. But when it was time to film his 1995 star vehicle, Billy Madison, the comedian traded his acoustic guitar for a symphony.
2. "You Make My Dreams Come True", "500 Days of Summer".
3. "Por Ti Volaré" (a.k.a. the Catalina Wine Mixer song), "Step Brothers".
4. "Afternoon Delight", "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy".
5. "I Say a Little Prayer", "My Best Friend's Wedding".
6. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "10 Things I Hate About You".
7. "I Put a Spell on You", "Hocus Pocus".
8. "Puttin' on the Ritz", "Young Frankenstein".
Heir Heinrich Von Scrofula/Youtube
9. "Twist and Shout", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
10. "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)", "Beetlejuice".
11. You don't own me from the First wives club
This is just a teaser for the movie’s triumphant ending: a fully scored performance of Lesley Gore’s “You Don’t Own Me,” in which the ladies proudly declare their independence once and for all. More movies should conclude with the main characters skipping down an empty New York street as they, for some reason, start singing softer and softer until the credits roll.
And I wrap this up with one of my favorites Tiny Dancer from Almost Famous.