Mass State Police, FBI, Homeland Security and local western mass law enforcement departments executed a search warrant yesterday in Holyoke seizing a large quantity of dope ready for the streets.
According to release by the Massachusetts State Police, a raid on a residence in Holyoke just after 6am yesterday morning netted a large amount of heroin, some cocaine, psychedelic mushrooms and some cash. part of the haul by law enforcement included contents of a safe where police found 450 dose bags of what is believed to be heroin and a backpack with an additional 21,500 dose bags of heroin weighing about 430 grams.
Arrested were 28 year-old Donivan Brooks and 35 year-old Alvin Heard, both of Holyoke. The original warrant was for Brooks, but after running a check two active warrants came back on Heard who was also then taken into custody.
Brooks is charged with Trafficking 200+ Grams of Heroin...Trafficking 18-36 Grams of Cocaine...Possession of a Class C Substance with Intent to Distribute...and Possession of a Class B Substance with Intent to Distribute. No specific charges against Heard were released in the report. According to the report the investigation is ongoing.
Below is the State Police released posted to their Facebook page.
SEARCH WARRANT LEADS TO THE ARREST OF TWO MEN AND SEIZURE OF LARGE AMOUNT OF NARCOTICS
During the past several months the Massachusetts State Police Commonwealth Interstate Narcotics Reduction Enforcement Team (CINRET West), the Department of Homeland Security Investigations, FBI / MSP Western MA Gang Task Force, and the Holyoke Police Department have been investigating the suspected distribution of Heroin from a residence in Holyoke. Based on the investigation, a Holyoke District Court search warrant was issued and for that residence and included a named target DONIVAN BROOKS, 28, of Holyoke.
Shortly after 6 a.m. today the above units and departments joined Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section and DEA Springfield to execute a search warrant at that residence which resulted in the seizure of the following evidence:
- A safe containing one clear plastic knotted bag of white powder suspected being Cocaine (approximately 18 grams), a clear plastic bag of a substance suspected to be Psychedelic Mushrooms (approximately 7 grams), 450 bags/dosage units of a substance suspected to be Heroin, a plastic container containing XANAX prescription medication (approximately 7 pills), and approximately $1,000 in cash.
- A backpack with three bags containing a combined 21,500 bags/dosage units of heroin weighing an approximate total of 430 grams.
- A safe containing a bundle of white wax paper folds with a 10 bags/dosage units of a substance suspected to be Heroin.
- A plastic storage bin containing a bundle of white wax paper folds with a 10 bags/dosage units of a substance suspected to be Heroin.
While on scene Troopers and Officers conducted an inquiry of another occupant in the residence, identified as ALVIN HEARD, 35, of Holyoke. The inquiry confirmed HEARD had two active warrants for his arrest out of Holyoke and Chicopee District Courts.
Both BROOKS and HEARD were placed under arrest and transported to the Holyoke Police Department. Both the case and investigation remain ongoing at this time. BROOKS was charged with the following offenses:
1. Trafficking 200+ Grams of Heroin;
2. Trafficking 18-36 Grams of Cocaine;
3. Possession of a Class C Substance with Intent to Distribute; and
4. Possession of a Class B Substance with Intent to Distribute.
The 40 Best Cover Songs by Rock Bands
LOOK: Here are the best small towns to live in across America